Closing Portfolio: Social Protection & Leave-No One Behind
The event will present the Fund’s impact and lessons learned around catalysing UN joint actions to accelerate the SDGs through its first portfolio on Integrated Social Protection and LNOB.
It will feature the launch of the final global portfolio report on 35 joint programmes in 39 countries, which will provide a framework for expert panels and dialogue with RCs and UN entities. Particular emphasis will be put on the contribution of the Joint SDG Fund to advancing the reform of the United Nations development systemthrough its catalytic results toward reaching the SDGs. Social protection specialists and joint programme teams will present case studies around extension and financing of social protection, LNOB lenses in social protection, gender equality and women’s empowerment in the joint programmes and shock-responsive social protection. The event will shed more light on the foundation that this portfolio has built for incubating new thematic priorities of the Joint SDG Fund, including for the Global Accelerator on jobs and Social Protection.
- Allegra Baiocchi- UN Resident Coordinator in Costa Rica
- Stephen Jackson- UN Resident Coordinator in Kenya
- Shahra Razavi - Director of the Social Protection Department at ILO
- Natalia Winder-Rossi- Director, Social Policy and Social Protection Programme Group at UNICEF
- Nathalie Milbach-Bouché- Head OIC, Inclusive Growth Team at UNDP
- Moderated by Lisa Kurbiel, Head of the Joint SDG Fund Secretariat
The LNOB joint programmes are under the prestige leadership of the Resident Coordinator Office and implementing United Nations Agencies. With sincere appreciation for the contributions from the European Union and Governments of Denmark, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, Monaco, The Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and our private sector funding partners, for a transformative movement towards achieving the SDGs by 2030.