The Economic Relations Division (ERD) and the Office of the UN Resident Coordinator (UNRCO) with technical support from UNDP, UNCDF, ILO, and UN WOMEN are jointly organizing an inception workshop of the Joint Programme (JP) onIntegrated National Financing Framework (INFF) for Accelerating Achievement of SDGs (INFF4SDGs) in Bangladesh. Key relevant government and private sector counterparts join the inception workshop which takes place on September 29, 2020, aiming at getting stakeholder feedback and setting the foundation for a Multi-Stakeholder SDG Financing Platform under the leadership of ERD.
The INFF JP will work with and provide technical assistance to the Government of Bangladesh (GoB) on an integrated financing framework to more effectively mobilize required resources from public and private sources for attaining SDGs by 2030.
The Joint Programme will support the government to estimate the gaps in SDG financing, and also adopt a forward-looking approach with regard to engaging the public, private sector and partners, keeping in considerations the country’s LDC graduation in 2024. The JP will work with the government, Private Sector and other relevant stakeholders to have a focused approach on fiscal space analysis and explore new and innovative fiscal spaces, and business models for the private sector. This JP will contribute to develop a required governance and coordination mechanisms between among the government and private sectors; and an oversight mechanism for expenditure efficiencies and maximizing expenditure impacts.
The INFF will support in achieving the following indicators from the Bangladesh Government.
- SDG 6: Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
- NPI 17 Ensure 100% population using safely managed drinking water services
- NPI 18 Ensure 100% population using safely managed sanitation services
- SDG 7: Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
- NPI 19 Ensure access to electricity for 100% population
- NPI 20 Increase renewable energy share in total final energy consumption to 10%
- SDG 13: Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
- NPI 32 Reduce the number of deaths, missing persons and directly affected persons attributed to disasters to 1500 per 100,000 population
- SDG 17: Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development
- NPI 38 Increase total government revenue as a proportion of GDP to 20%
- NPI 39 Increase the proportion of individuals using the Internet to 100%