The programme brief description
This Joint Programme aims at supporting national efforts to accelerate poverty reduction, reduce inequalities and increase food security amongst persons with disabilities and older persons, with the intent of giving special attention to women. The programme will pilot integrated solutions for these vulnerable groups in Hebron governorate, which is one of the most vulnerable areas in the West Bank, taking geopolitical developments into consideration. By fast tracking in a specific location, this pilot will build evidence for nation-wide scale up. The Joint Programme will build on analysis undertaken through the recent MAPS mission, as well analyses undertaken by the World Bank, WFP and ILO . The Joint Programme will build on the donor engagement on and commitment to strengthening national social protection systems, towards further acceleration of progress. The Ministry of Social Development will lead government efforts towards effective reinforcement of rights-based social protection policies and interventions for persons with disabilities and older persons, ensuring the specific needs of girls, boys, women and men are catered for, as a key step towards a universal and holistic Social Protection Floors in the State of Palestine.
This Joint Programme aims at filling this gap and accelerating poverty reduction and food security amongst persons with disabilities and older persons by supporting:
- The introduction of rights-based identification and selection mechanisms and a real- time IT (blockchain)-based caseload management system for inclusive access to cash benefits to persons with disabilities and older persons;
- The development of a holistic needs assessment and rights-based service packages that integrates social protection with other key services in the areas of access to health, livelihoods and access to employment;
- The development of a coherent policy, programmatic and legal framework for social development of persons with disabilities and older persons and a realistic understanding of financing avenues;
- The inclusion and prioritization of women throughout all dimensions of the JP analysis, implementation and monitoring and along the Gender Integration Continuum;
- Awareness and participation in the design and implementation of SP programmes.
Women, persons with disabilities, older persons.